Filming video in log mode with the Insta360 One X will give you the best dynamic range for your video. In this tutorial you will learn how to colour grade Insta360 One X log video with a couple of LUTs, and tweaks in Premiere Pro Lumetri Colour.
To follow along this tutorial please download the Insta360 One X Tower Bridge 5.7k sample footage.
This footage was shot in London on a bright, sunny, blue sky day, in full auto mode. The resolution of the footage is 5.7K (5760 x 2880). Now that you have the footage downloaded, let’s get started.
This is the result we are going to achieve:
How To Colour Grade Insta360 One X Log Video:
- Import the sample footage into Premiere Pro. Drag it into the timeline to automatically create a new sequence.
- Add the Insta360 One X LUT by selecting the dropdown next to Input Lut, click Browse, and locate the One X LUT on your computer. Click Open. The footage will appear more colourful.
- Add more colour to the footage by increasing the Saturation to 150.
- Toggle VR mode on and spin your footage around to see the difference it has made already! Anymore colour grading tweaks is personally up to you.
- To add more contrast to the footage, I will drop the Shadows by 25.
- To get the cinematic teal and orange look, download the Insta360 One X Teal And Orange LUT. Click Creative, next to look, click Browse, locate the LUT, and click Open.
- The teal and orange look has been applied to the footage. That’s it! You now know how to colour grade Insta360 One X log video!
Here is a list of all the downloads for this tutorial: